PDA

View Full Version : New Gatorade products

alaska
04-18-2011, 03:27 PM
So at Wally world yesterday while I was wandering around waiting for my prescriptions I saw a Gatorade display.

They now have it where they have a pregame gel in a foil pack,regular stuff and then a recovery Gatorade. Then they also have the powder in small packages.
The regular and recovery only vary slightly in amounts of stuff they have,sodium,potassium ,carb's and such

The gel is a lil higher and has more calories & carb's

I am thinking of getting a couple of the gels and some of the powder for the BOB

What ya'll think of Gatorade?

Think it helps better then water in an extreme physical exertion?

Anyone tried the gel?

bacpacker
04-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Personally I like gatorade. But for me I drink at least a quart of water for every quart of gatorade, maybe 2 or 3. I use it quite a bit it the summer while workin outside. Hiking as well.
I have saw the gel but never tried it. Think I'll get some and give it a try. The recovery IMHO is really no different than regular. The simgle servings would be nice in a GHB.

cwconnertx
04-18-2011, 06:51 PM
I carry a few packets in my edc and a few extra in my BOB. They help with the taste of crappy water and have a few calories too.

piranha2
04-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Its good stuff, taken in small amounts. The sodium is outrageous. Bacpacker had it right, one gatorade to 2 or 3 waters.

TEOTWAWKI13
04-19-2011, 02:54 AM
The pre game stuff is a liquid, not a jail, but it's tasty. My 8 yr old daughter drinks one about half an hour before her soccer games, and combined with her bright yellow cleats, she's a blur. :) It's good stuff. The G1 I think it is. G2 is just Gatorade, and G3 is the post workout/game protein added drink and is pretty good too if ice cold. The good thing about the Gatorade powder is even if you don't have water to mix it, you can eat it for the electrolytes.

bacpacker
04-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Never heard that about eating it. May try that this summer.

Twitchy
04-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Id drink heaps of water after eating the powder...

Though, i was also thinking instant electrolyte replacement in the event of diarhea and similar conditions...

Stg1swret
04-30-2011, 08:27 PM
my wife had some medical issue where they thought of admitting her to the hospital, when asked what she drank she mentioned gatorade, doctor stated it was better then what the hospitals use for folks suffering from dehydration.

dragon5126
10-15-2011, 04:32 AM
Not a good idea to eat the powder, the soduim and potassium in dry form can throw your system into a massive imbalance if the mucosa of the gut isn't properly balanced,such as can be caused by dehydration. This can be anything from a simple upset stomach and the trots to coronary arrest if consumed in quantity. Excess levels of potassium are more deadly than not enough. It is meant to be mixed with water and shuld only be consumed as a liquid. Here in Milwaukee this past summer we had two fatalities of immigrants who could not read the instructions, who died of exactly this. No commentary intended on not knowing the language leading to a Darwin Award...

mitunnelrat
10-15-2011, 08:20 PM
I didn't see anything as extreme as dragon, but know in Joplin they were more water than the label directed because people were still getting sick from it when they mixed it at full strength.