PDA

View Full Version : Fuel can manufacturing

bacpacker
11-21-2012, 10:24 PM
I just ran across this story a few minutes ago. I hadn't heard any rumblings about this. A couple weeks back when i started rotating my fuel stocks I considered buying some more cans both for gas and desiel, but decided not to. Wish I had now.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/20/US-Product-Shortages-Gas-Cans-Unavailable-to-Sandy-Efforts-Frivolous-Lawsuits-To-Blame

"The nation’s largest gas can manufacturer has closed its doors due to frivolous lawsuits at a time when Hurricane Sandy victims urgently need the containers.

The company's closure has resulted in a shortage of gas cans for purchase or use in the disaster areas of the northeast, and in the US as a whole. Though product shortages have been commonplace in former Soviet-bloc countries, this is unusual in the US.

The company, Blitz U.S.A., is a 50-year-old American business that has closed its doors and laid off all 117 employees. Blitz U.S.A. provided 75% of all gas canisters to the US, a feat which industry insiders say is only possible when a company does everything right.

A swarm of lawsuits hit the company since last March, mostly due to injuries from individuals pouring gas directly onto a lit fire. All but two were thrown out of court for frivolity. Unfortunately, the successful outcomes for the company in the courts did not stop insurance rates from increasing to fiscally unbearable rates."

Evolver
11-21-2012, 11:09 PM
This just sums it up... America the land of opportunity and the home of the lawyers to help you GET WHAT DO DESERVE FOR BEING A DUMB ASS:mad:
How many adds do you see or hear a day from them rotten scum fuckers. Morgan and Morgan is on the TOP of my scum fucker hate list!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

bacpacker
11-21-2012, 11:40 PM
I totally agree. All the law suits for burning your self because you tried to drive with an open cup of hot coffee and getting millions for it total bullshit. In the afternoons around here there are 2 or 3 firms that advertise several times a day. BULLSHIT and it's just killin companies. Probably lots worse in big cities.

Evolver
11-22-2012, 12:41 AM
It just goes on and on... High cost Insurance, meds, doctors and the big O is going to capitalize on it to try to win the game of Monopoly. Sorry... Just venting. :)

apssbc
11-22-2012, 03:32 AM
This hits close to home. The 8 year old girl I mentioned in the trauma thread was a victim in one of these cases. She was lit on fire by her father on purpose, using one of these cans. He got a crack lawyer and got off the criminal charges and them sued the company and won.

Only good part is he was deported to Jordan where we were told he would not survive long. He's not liked there.

Sniper-T
11-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Viva Le Canada!

I am so glad we do not have 'The right to sue anyone at anytime for whatever dumbassed thing you did to yourself"

We get a lot of American tv channels up here, and they are polluted with ads for lawyers seeking clients to sue x company for this and y company for that.

The worst part... now that this company is done, you guys are probably going to start importing your containers from China! Another industry lost from the USA!

Land of the Free, Home of the Brave... all being decimated by the goddamn lawyers!
:(

Gunfixr
11-22-2012, 10:05 PM
That's real nice. Very disappointing, but somehow just not a surprise.

A lawyer can fuck up an anvil with a toothpick.

Willie51
11-27-2012, 01:38 AM
This just sums it up... America the land of opportunity and the home of the lawyers to help you GET WHAT DO DESERVE FOR BEING A DUMB ASS:mad:
How many adds do you see or hear a day from them rotten scum fuckers. Morgan and Morgan is on the TOP of my scum fucker hate list!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

The face on the Morgan and Morgan sign makes me sick everytime I see one!!!!

Brownwater Riverrat 13
11-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Hey, we can shoot lawyers right? I mean there aren't enough of them getting shot. Hmmmmmm? They never get shot, maybe because people are afraid of getting sued for shooting them?

Grumpy Old Man
11-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Anyone remember Shakespeare's "Merchant of Venice" ?

Evolver
11-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Anyone remember Shakespeare's "Merchant of Venice" ?

If I could read it and understand it maybe I would remember... :p Break it down my man! (In layman) :o

msomnipotent
12-04-2012, 01:11 AM
Well, that is just a shame. I hate to see American companies (or really any company, for that matter) closed because of reckless lawsuits. I hope that Jordanian and his lawyer get exactly what they deserve. However, I got 3 American made 5 gal plastic gas cans this year and all three are faulty. They are not from this company, but they are from IL just to insult me further. Two of them had bad nozzles (from Farm and Fleet) and the other didn't come with a nozzle and the cap didn't close all the way no matter what we did (which was from Menards). Of course, we didn't find this out until we filled it with gas and woke up to a smelly garage the next morning.

But I suffer from common sense, so I just cleaned up the spilled gas and stopped using the faulty ones.

On a side note, I would appreciate it if someone can give me some advice as to which cans to buy. I thought they were pretty much all the same, but I don't see anyone else complaining about theirs. Maybe I just got a bad run since they were all bought within a few days of each other.