PDA

View Full Version : National debt clock has stopped

Possom
07-30-2013, 05:18 PM
This is no longer about politics. It is a sign that we truly are in economic peril. All of us are. The debt ceiling debate is coming up very soon but now it is a moot point and really doesn't make any difference considering the government already exceeded the federal debt limit set by congress. On May 17th a portion of the national debt count stopped moving. The government didn't stop spending. Since May the government has issued another 53 billion dollars in bonds. It's just not counting anymore. Therefore, congress no longer has control of spending. Are you starting to see the monster behind the curtain?

So how does this effect us from a preparedness standpoint?

Will it all blow apart and shut down key portions of the government when congress flexes its muscles when they finally realize they have lost control and power? Will the president carry through with his threat from 2011 and hold SS and VA checks?

Most people depending on SS and VA benefits are living month to month and barely getting by.

What about other government checks. I.E. welfare programs. What if they are held up by the government? You want to see riots you halt welfare.

It could all be coming to a head very soon.

Are you prepared?

Domeguy
07-30-2013, 05:31 PM
You hit the nail on the head. Stop a lot of programs like ssi benefits, payouts to senior citizens, etc, there will be a lot of things said on TV, and then fizzle out....but you stop just the first welfare check, and you won't hear about racial equality then, because they ALL , black, white, orange, purple, will be breaking store windows, burning cars in the streets, all hell will break loose.

MegaCPC
07-30-2013, 11:04 PM
What about other government checks. I.E. welfare programs. What if they are held up by the government? You want to see riots you halt welfare.

I've always believed this. When the .gov cheese stops going out, SHTF.

Being poor should suck. Being poor should make you not want to be poor. Certain people are too complacent because being "poor" is too comfortable. Why work and contribute when you can sit back and have a life with no ambition or motivation?

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-30-2013, 11:34 PM
Yes, and then there are those that "earned their stripes" so to speak. Your retiree's, military, disabled, etc. They are going to be pissed off. ..........to say the least. They of course will get hit first. Active duty and reserve military will get hit lest we forget them as well because they fall right in line with them. What do you think will happen when the military decides not to show up for work? You don't think they will? There was a time when I was on active duty when ..........well let's just say we were about to walk out. Yeah, no shit.....is it really looming on the horizon? Well listening to the news (which I really hate to do) you just don't know what to believe anymore. So how much cash did you stock pile away? How long will it take before that paper trash is worthless? Remember the Iraqi Dinar? You can wipe your ass with it now. But yes I agree with you "posters" above the first ones to riot will be the welfare recipients. They riot about EVERYTHING! It will take time but the rest will follow but they will be protecting their own I think more so than rioting. Then comes the martial law and then Obama get's to keep his place up there in DC and he gets what he wants.......again.

Stg1swret
07-31-2013, 01:29 AM
I'm collecting both a military pension and Social security. I'll mail my bills to our "fearless non-leader". I don't think the House or the Senate will shut down the government, election year is coming up quick. No one wants to give up the power and do the hard and correct thing, which is their job. They are only there to provide for the common defense, and support (not fund) the general welfare.

Possom
07-31-2013, 01:42 AM
I am drawing a military pension as well. I will be one unhappy camper if it is cut off.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-31-2013, 02:10 AM
My name is not what it is just for shits and giggles. Granted we are "prepping" but really don't want to have to initiate one of my contingencies if you know what I mean. If things get nasty, they get nasty and and we'll suffer and we'll be unhappy about it. But we'll survive and we'll fight. That's we have this site, we get together and we help each other. We teach each other we make friends and we expand our knowledge. They in turn pass it on to others. Together we are the colony. So that being said............how's retirement treatin ya?
Do you have a plan or are you just sitting around tapping the keyboard?
Have you formed a group in your locale?
These are the questions you need to answer................need some help?
Take some action before it's to late. make some friends.

Stg1swret
07-31-2013, 01:24 PM
I'll get by if they shut down. My back up plans have back ups. All the friends I need are right here. My neighborhood will be a pretty contentious place if the checks stop rolling as most of my block has transitioned to section * housing and welfare recipients. If nothing else, it will be entertaining for awhile. I'll be hunkering down, and ride it out.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-31-2013, 02:04 PM
Have you and your neighbors ever sat down and discussed security matters as in what would you do if the things heated up in your area? Would you be able to secure your area, maybe block off the streets, set up comms, defensive measures, etc? No details of course...........just is it possible or is it a lost cause or maybe a short term possibility?

Stg1swret
07-31-2013, 03:04 PM
I hear you. Blocking off my little area is easy . Would take 4 vehicles. I'd just as soon maintain a low profile though, with my neighbors. There are only a coup;e I trust far enough to even speak about such things. They also happen to be the only one's who work. The rest are all free loading of Uncle Sam.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
07-31-2013, 10:22 PM
Ahhhh, gotcha. So you'd be alright for a little while but then would get troublesome. I used to spend my summers (ever other) in lancaster when I was a kid, the others were spent in Kalispell, Mt.I had great grandparents. My grandfathers taught me well, basic skills, carpentry, electrical, mechanics, hunting, fishing, motorcycles. Made my a well rounded young man. I proudly bare both their names. RIP.... so "Scope Dope" you need a contingency plan now that you are on your own. Again, I'm sorry about your wife. But I'm here for ya If you need a fellow squid to bend an ear. You got a radio? Do you do any HAM/Short wave stuff? I'm in progress of getting set up right now. Just a thought............we should all set up a network, I know it's been discussed before.

Stg1swret
08-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Should the balloon drop, I'm all set up Senior Chief. I'll tough it out a bit in place. If things go south in a hurry, I'll be heading for a buddy's place in Ohio. My place here is defensible, but being it is just me now, I can afford to leave everything and bug out. My BOV is always ready to go.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Hoo-Yah, brother the door to my mess is always open. (seeings you had to go and call me Senior Chief) PM me any time and we'll connect on the "high side"............on that note. We are not highjacking the thread here but no one else seems to have any input on the subject matter. We have an "elected official" who seems hell bent on spending and borrowing his way into burying this country further into the pit of no return. Our dollar value is in the crapper.

eagle326
08-01-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm good for the moment here in Ohio ; But if shit gets really bad I'm gonna take up the offer from those 2 ants in the Cincinnati area and hopefully convoy to Tennessee. Time will tell how we maneuver during the shake down.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-02-2013, 12:16 AM
You are most welcome in our neck of the woods. I hear you can run a bull dozer, he, he, he......ok I need to look for a hand set for a field phone. Got to be able to set up the "OP's"

Possom
08-02-2013, 02:01 AM
Been out of pocket for a bit and just got a chance to hop back into this. Retirement for me sucks lol. I never worked this hard in the military. I had more free time too.

My group is my family. Mom and dad, me and my wife and kids, my sister and her kids, my brother his wife and kid. We all live on adjoining farms so it makes it a little easier for us to all come together.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
08-02-2013, 03:12 AM
Found me a new H-60/PT handset for $25! Now I can wire up the switchboard. Yes after retirement I've been workin my ass off. Remodeled two houses ours and the mother-in-law's. Manage 28 acres, maintenance on the equip. just finished (almost restoring two 84 pick ups. .............etc. Our group manageable and growing. Plus we have the additional 241 acres in limbo with all the resources.I'm right there with ya Possom keeps the mind sharp. Lately I've been doing some electronics repair, and will be back on the airwaves shortly.

eagle326
08-02-2013, 09:32 PM
You are most welcome in our neck of the woods. I hear you can run a bull dozer, he, he, he......ok I need to look for a hand set for a field phone. Got to be able to set up the "OP's"

You heard right chief. Now you have to cut this old boy some time slack ; As I haven't been on one since leaving Army in 1973. Ran D-6 cable blade ; D-5 ; D-8 plus various other pieces of equipment. If I can get daughter to help me I'll post some pictures for you from Nam and our dozers. We even broke down the D-5 in 2 pieces and slung it out with flying crane to mountain tops ; reassembled and built F.B. ; O.P. and built road down to flatland. Plus various projects.
Check out Lam Son 719 ; We rebuilt that airstrip at Khe Sahn in 72 hours and the 1st. C130 touched down exactly on time to the minute.

Oh and let me thank you for permission to set up camp in your neck of the woods. The colony must survive and teach the younger ones.

Grumpy Old Man
08-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Ya'll know you're always welcome down here Deep in The Heart of, where the state supper is chicken fried steak and cream gravy and trucks outnumber cars 2 to 1!

eagle326
08-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Ya'll know you're always welcome down here Deep in The Heart of, where the state supper is chicken fried steak and cream gravy and trucks outnumber cars 2 to 1!

Chicken fried steak and trucks. Hell Yea!!! :D