PDA

View Full Version : Any one here

helomech
10-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Been very quiet lately.

bacpacker
10-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Yeah it has. I hadn't noticed any post since some time last night. Course everybody is probably covered up with work.

ElevenBravo
10-09-2013, 07:39 PM
You are correct, all EIGHT *active* members have been AFKB for a day or two. :-)

EB

Stormfeather
10-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Been working on schoolwork along with other .mil committments, Ive been keeping an eye out though!

Sniper-T
10-09-2013, 08:59 PM
been busy with work, and the standard fall stuff. putting up another batch of salsa tonight, dug up my potatoes yesterday... yardwork, work-work... and tomorrow I'm going away fishing for a few days!

:)

Twitchy
10-09-2013, 09:19 PM
been pretty busy lately, looking for work and what not... Also getting into shape for the academy in a few months has been taxing on my time... I try to pop in daily though!

ak474u
10-09-2013, 10:50 PM
I'm still here, slow week I guess. I drove 255 miles today doing quotes, and spent the rest of the time in front of floor plans for houses. I. Here daily though. Most of my time to read posts is when my phone stops ringing.

bacpacker
10-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Fall is a really busy time for us, and probably most folks getting ready for Winter around the house and closing out the gardens and such.
We just finished up our FY at work and god almighty what a two month period that has been. The last two weeks has been doing installations to close out projects we had been getting equipment for. Yesterday I got moved to a different department, that I had been working with some, nearly full time. We start a big excavation project and will be running electrical and network more than a football field in length. I had been working on getting the needed permits together and have that ready to go. The fun part starts in the morning since the dumbass supervisor I'm working with has failed to order any material for the job. I'm betting the SHWHTF pretty early.
On top of that we are facing getting shutdown within a month due to the idiots in DC. Planning is underway to figure out what we are gonna do to get by while the plant is shut down. Great timing as well, we had been planning on getting away for a few days to chill and relax a little. Guess I'll start looking for work instead. Glad I still have some contacts from my last job search 5 years ago.

helomech
10-10-2013, 01:17 AM
Cool looks like just about everyone is still with us.

Possom
10-10-2013, 03:52 AM
It is deer season here. Always a busy time for me. Putting meat in the freezer. Got a doe so far. Would like to put a couple of more deer and a bear in the freezer this year.

Stormfeather
10-10-2013, 03:59 AM
It is deer season here. Always a busy time for me. Putting meat in the freezer. Got a doe so far. Would like to put a couple of more deer and a bear in the freezer this year.

Throw a picture of it up! I think HeloMech started a thread on harvested meat for the year!! Big, small, we eat it all!

helomech
10-10-2013, 04:12 AM
Cool, we are hoping to put 4 or 5 deer in the freezer this year.

Taz Baby
10-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Still here but just been a lurker for the past few weeks. Getting things going on the BOL, job searching (which to no luck) for the last 2 months, and dealing with set backs on different plans. The last 5 months has been SHTF here at the Taz household. But I am still looking here, just not talking much.

MegaCPC
10-10-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm here. I check the site almost every day. I mostly just read and learn.

mitunnelrat
10-10-2013, 02:02 PM
I'm around, but its been the usual culprits for me as well. Work, school, the gym, and chores. Bet ya'll $1 I come up with a blast of threads here pretty soon though.

Sniper-T
10-10-2013, 02:17 PM
It would cost more than a buck to mail you a buck... so no wager from me... but I will say that I double dog dare you!

RedJohn
10-10-2013, 03:33 PM
I come several times per day to check that we're still trouble free.

David Armstrong
10-10-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm here, just haven't been able to get to thesite much. Problems at work with the building made us have to move out so I don't have an office for a few months, so no 'puter access at work, only home. Toss in the problem of temporary blindness after a mini-stroke and the medical stuff going along with that have meant not a lot of access. Hopefully the medicos are done with me after next week and I can get back to some sort of normal schedule. I promised River Rat a few pics from the range so I plan on getting that done as soon as the Doc clears me.

AlphaTea
10-10-2013, 10:05 PM
I stop in occasionally. Had Chemo on Tuesday. Don't feel like doing much of anything except reading and sleeping. Doing fine though.

izzyscout21
10-10-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm still around

eagle326
10-10-2013, 11:35 PM
I'm here somewhere. Been busy trying to catch up on projects before cold sets in. Check postings almost everyday but don't have too much time for anything else at the moment.

bacpacker
10-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Sorry your having such a hard time Alpha. Still prayin for you.

Gunfixr
10-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Still around, just haven't made it here much. Haven't made it to many places actually. Been spending more time away from the internet, only hitting a couple sites here and there.
Things are really ramping up everywhere, trying to be ready. Just got a bad feeling it's right around the corner.

Need to post some stuff, though, just finally finished the light AR last week. Gotta get the pics downloaded and up.

Katrina
10-13-2013, 06:45 AM
I' m still here Have been busy DH and I are married 39 years now, Didn't do much for anniversary but still had good time and he just turned 62 today.Been having trouble with knee last few weeks so I haven't been able to get to 'puter in basement to get on site.

The Stig
10-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Was out of town for work all week, both at HQ and then to Florida to travel with one of my guys. Work has been unusually hectic lately.

I've been focusing on starting threads in an effort to generate new content and discussions but this doesn't leave a lot of time for engaging in discussions on other threads.

We've got some awesome threads in the making from our members that could turn out epic.

That said, the colony seems to have been "stuck" for a while now. Although we've hit 800 members we really just have a core group (thank you!) that post and participate on a regular basis. We haven't seem to found the magic formula to grow beyond that core group.

We tried contests a couple years ago with limited success but people generally wouldn't participate. We did the "thread of the month" contest and members would spend hours generating threads rich in information only to have to beg members to vote on the winners.

We tried membership drives but that only had limited success.

As a staff we just haven't found the right combination to excite the membership, create new content and bring in new blood. And that's nobody's fault but mine.

So we sorta list along.

I don't share this to be a negative-nelly. Rather just to be honest with the colony that we seem to have been stuck for a good year or more and we can't seem to find the direction to go to the next level.

RedJohn
10-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Don't worry Stig. I'd rather we'd be in a nice group than having to spend time moderating around.

ladyhk13
10-13-2013, 09:37 PM
I'm still here but not as much as I would like. Had two surgeries this summer and the shoulder one hasn't gone so well. Doc has now said he thinks it's nerves in my neck that's causing me not to be able to use my arm and be in constant pain. So before I do the blocks that he is suggesting I'm going to try chiropractic and massage to see if it will heal. I hate shots and to go through injections is my last resort.

robsdak
10-14-2013, 11:53 PM
Was out of town for work all week, both at HQ and then to Florida to travel with one of my guys. Work has been unusually hectic lately.

I've been focusing on starting threads in an effort to generate new content and discussions but this doesn't leave a lot of time for engaging in discussions on other threads.

We've got some awesome threads in the making from our members that could turn out epic.

That said, the colony seems to have been "stuck" for a while now. Although we've hit 800 members we really just have a core group (thank you!) that post and participate on a regular basis. We haven't seem to found the magic formula to grow beyond that core group.

We tried contests a couple years ago with limited success but people generally wouldn't participate. We did the "thread of the month" contest and members would spend hours generating threads rich in information only to have to beg members to vote on the winners.

We tried membership drives but that only had limited success.

As a staff we just haven't found the right combination to excite the membership, create new content and bring in new blood. And that's nobody's fault but mine.

So we sorta list along.

I don't share this to be a negative-nelly. Rather just to be honest with the colony that we seem to have been stuck for a good year or more and we can't seem to find the direction to go to the next level.

Don't worry Stig. I'd rather we'd be in a nice group than having to spend time moderating around.

there is nothing wrong Stig. just the way of the world. i agree with RedJohn.

i am still around. i check in and read a couple times a week. just been busy with the dogs, garden, Crappie fishing and just getting ready for winter.

FL-Jeeper
10-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Yup I'm here lurking about. I don't post much but I drop in on you folks at least once a week to see what's new.

2die4
10-15-2013, 12:46 PM
I've been busy trying to promote the colony on the social media front but most people seem concerned about NSA, the goons in DC, and other politics and not actual prepping.

Along with that,I have been practicing my practical skill stockpiling. What I mean by that is I've been trying to perfect my skills and learn new ones the best way. Hands on. Actually preparing for a camping trip once the hunting season opens up for small game here.

Add school plus my job and that equals a pretty full plate right now.

piranha2
10-15-2013, 01:11 PM
I drop in when I am here in civilization. Been spending lots of time in the woods. Hunting season just opened, so I am headed back up on Friday. You folks stay well.

greg48
11-01-2013, 09:45 PM
My wife and I spend alot of time roaming the Midwest with our horses more so during the spring thru fall, hence not on the net alot. I would like to see a muster page for random check in?

Sniper-T
11-01-2013, 10:18 PM
fall is a tough time of year. finishing the garden, cutting woo, cleaning the yard, winterizing, and of course hunting. Once the home is taken care of, then there is more time to play.