PDA

View Full Version : Whats more creative than procreation? :D

mitunnelrat
02-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Long story short, my anatomy professor assigned a creativity exercise that I have to present on Tuesday. He said to have fun with his class, so I am...

Oh isn't it great that we copulate
So ovum and sperm meet to procreate
These two cells of note
Make up a zygote
So choose a mate wisely or defecate.

Fidel MD
02-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Alcohol, in levels elevated
In liver cells, in cytosol is dehydrogenated
NADH to NAD the ratio is distorted
With aldehyde toxicity ad recently reported

Brownwater Riverrat 13
02-09-2014, 12:16 PM
So this is an "exercise" right? Just how do you plan on "exercising" this in the classroom? Is this written or oral, I'm confused, just how do you go about presenting this to the class?

mitunnelrat
02-09-2014, 12:21 PM
As an oral presentation. Some people will have written songs whi h isn't my thing. He mentioned Haiku, so I went limerick.

izzyscout21
02-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Madre de dios.....

mitunnelrat
02-09-2014, 11:36 PM
Hmm... I take it my poem is either incredible or terrible?

ladyhk13
02-09-2014, 11:46 PM
I think it's very inventive and you will probably get some giggles from the girls and back slaps from the guys. Go for it!

mitunnelrat
02-10-2014, 12:08 AM
So this is an "exercise" right? Just how do you plan on "exercising" this in the classroom? Is this written or oral, I'm confused, just how do you go about presenting this to the class?

And no, I won't "exercise" it in the classroom, but this same professor that said to have fun is encouraging us to trade phone numbers and get together outside of class... to "study", of course. So far I'm resisting any further thought. Most of my classmates are young enough to be my kids

Brownwater Riverrat 13
02-10-2014, 12:29 AM
So go have fun, nobody said you had to have a relationship.

- - - Updated - - -

But then again you could end up in one, some young girl could fall madly in love with you!

- - - Updated - - -

Or some young guy..............

- - - Updated - - -

Then you'll have to let him down gently cause he'll come to class with a gun and then we'll see it all on FOX news!

- - - Updated - - -

Now look what you've done!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, good luck with your "exercise!"

mitunnelrat
02-10-2014, 01:46 AM
I'd argue, but hey, it could happen! I'm smart, charming, and good looking enough to attract anyone, whether I encourage them or not.

LUNCHBOX
02-10-2014, 02:14 AM
Thats the spirit.

mitunnelrat
02-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Well, it worked. Lol.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
02-11-2014, 10:52 PM
Uuuuuhhh, ya got a date?

mitunnelrat
02-12-2014, 02:18 AM
Nope. Something better at the moment... I know I got high marks on this assignment. First, he grades on participation, and I was the only one who stood up when he asked for volunteers. He had to call everyone else out. I also had the entire assignment completed. At least 2/3 of the class didn't do the creative piece like my limerick was. The other part was to make and present a model of a cell. He kept mine. Everyone else walked out with theirs. Apparently the use of a wall plaque, wood burner, and acrylic paint (he "loves" colors, I shamelessly played that despite liking the raw wood look better) was something he hadn't seen before.

This followed Monday's success in my psych class. The teacher there returned a written assignment and had a note on mine asking if I could give her a fresh copy she could keep and use as a "how to" example in her other classes...

I know, I'm tootin' my own damn horn again, but I'll tell ya, it took me a bit to find a groove in these classes so they're especially sweet victories.

My math class is a different story. I'll be requesting a tutor for that tomorrow morning. I'm generally 22 hours in on a 30 hour long day by time I get to that class. Sometimes I get 2-3 hours sleep before it, sometimes not. Either way I'm not entirely on top of things by that point. Unfortunately, neither is my instructor. I have to maintain an 80% in this class to get into the program I want and this is the only semester they offer this class before that program starts. Failure will set me back one whole year. That is not an option.

At least I can take steps to work around that. Tutoring, like I mentioned, and recording her lectures to review when I'm more alert, for what good it will do me. I may be tired when I'm there, but confusion reigns supreme through most of the class, and on top of that I know I wasn't the only one that left pissed off today. If it was a fluke, no harm, no foul, but I'm not paying the college $183 per credit hour to have someone be combative and shit on me or anyone else in that room.

I'm gonna quit now, aside from that hour this has been a good couple of days. I even got my hammock set up properly for the first time ever today, and caught an hour of sleep that felt more like 6 when I woke up. I wasn't groggy or sore at all, but that's for another thread.

Brownwater Riverrat 13
02-12-2014, 02:47 AM
Time to date the math teacher............

mitunnelrat
02-12-2014, 04:38 AM
<shudder>

Stormfeather
02-12-2014, 05:08 PM
The worlds went to hell,

We're all shit outta luck,

Hey pretty lady, I got a can of beans,

You hungry? Wanna F....?

Sorry, that's all I got. (the wife is going to kill me if she sees this!)