PDA

View Full Version : Need a few kind words

LUNCHBOX
04-13-2014, 01:44 PM
I am sure that we all know there are times when we need a little help getting through a family sitation/crisis. This is not limited to a medical conition. This could include the loss of a job, a new job prospect, safe travel, big test....you get the idea. Anytime you or your family might need the extra words/prayers.....After talking with MTR we decided to make a sticky just for these issues.

Katrina
09-29-2014, 04:17 AM
Sorry I haven't been on for so long. I want to thank all of you for keeping us in your prayers. Due to an extremely bad situation , son 1 went to court to get his children after DH spent 3 months where son 1 is living,taking care of the kids. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to get the kids, however the judge was extremely pissed off and told the ex ONE mistake and she will lose the kids permanently with supervised visits only. I cannot go into any details right now. We are in a holding pattern right now, please keep us in your prayers. I will try to get on here more. Again thank you all

Sniper-T
09-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Welcome back Kat... Missed ya! Continued thoughts and prayers headed your way!

realist
09-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Courts at times can be maddening giving a POS chance after chance. Hopefully this will work out for you. All you can do now is hope.

robsdak
09-29-2014, 02:59 PM
good thoughts sent that way.

ladyhk13
09-29-2014, 04:34 PM
You know I've been sending prayers every night gal. We are still in a mess with this property. Trying to decide what to do. Need to fire our lawyer but can't find a new one. Do we keep the place or just sell it and find something else? That means dropping the suit but once that's done we can't go back and they are all off the hook. Too many things to consider and just don't know what to do.....you girls know what's going on, anyway good to see you back Kat.

ElevenBravo
09-29-2014, 09:27 PM
http://www.luanawines.com/Assets/ProductImages/Allied-0221020.jpg
I usually reach for my liquid prozac and relax for a while then sleep like a baby, but if it gets too bad, good to know the thread is here!

EB

Sniper-T
09-29-2014, 10:00 PM
You know I've been sending prayers every night gal. We are still in a mess with this property. Trying to decide what to do. Need to fire our lawyer but can't find a new one. Do we keep the place or just sell it and find something else? That means dropping the suit but once that's done we can't go back and they are all off the hook. Too many things to consider and just don't know what to do.....you girls know what's going on, anyway good to see you back Kat.

Sorry to hear about the ongoing probs lady. I thought they sorted out a while back. :(

I do have a few law courses under my belt from the old schooling days, I may be able to offer a solicited yet informed opinion...

feel free to pm.

And yeah... I'll leave the cat's out of it... until dinner time! ;)

robsdak
09-30-2014, 03:12 AM

don't know what's going on, but if needed, i can come up and run around butt assed nekkid and scare hell out of them... :p

Willie51
10-02-2014, 01:18 AM
Sorry I haven't been on for so long. I want to thank all of you for keeping us in your prayers. Due to an extremely bad situation , son 1 went to court to get his children after DH spent 3 months where son 1 is living,taking care of the kids. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to get the kids, however the judge was extremely pissed off and told the ex ONE mistake and she will lose the kids permanently with supervised visits only. I cannot go into any details right now. We are in a holding pattern right now, please keep us in your prayers. I will try to get on here more. Again thank you all

Sorry to hear Katrina, as when there's sweet little kids involved it gets very stressful. I've been gone for awhile too. You and your family are in our prayers.

- - - Updated - - -

LHK, so sorry to hear that that mess is still going on. I thought maybe y'all had resolved it by now. :(

Katrina
11-16-2014, 06:54 AM
Want to thank all of you for your prayers and good thoughts. lhk I'm so sorry things are at a standstill have been praying my head off for you. Just an update, so far kids are ok and doing much better. Son 1 will have them the week of Thanksgiving, last we talked they're going to Disney World over Thanksgiving. They're only about 4 hours away and then Christmas they'll come "home" here. The ex is still dragging her feet on some things judge ordered her to give Son 1 but the lawyer he has keeps booking court dates and ex gives him the info the day before date. She's trying to bankrupt him. Son1 is also skyping and conference calling doctors and teachers and ex can't do a thing about it. She's also been told to stop over medicating the kids(by the doctors)and she is NOT to schedule ANY type of elective(non emergency) surgery for either of the kids without including their father in the decision. Granddaughter has had three surgeries that Son1 didn't find out about until they were done. He knew she had tonsillitis and adenoid probs(he did too) but it would have been nice if he could have gone out to be there for the operation and he wouldn't have let the second set of tubes put in her ears without consulting an ear, nose doc for a second opinion. Now she has holes in her eardrums that haven't closed. So far her hearing is ok but she has to be very careful about going in a pool or taking baths. Grandson is doing much better and we just found out he's at the head of his class in school.
EB Thanks DH and I took a trip last month for 40th anniversary. That was a very relaxing trip. Went to Disneyland, Joshua Nat'l Forest and even got to see my brother out in Vegas That helped and this year due to the floods in Detroit SIL can't host Thanksgiving so we offered her our home and she was thrilled So not only will some family be here then but Son 1 and DIL and his kids will be here for Christmas for a week. Can't wait. Thanks again for all the Ants prayers and good thoughts, it is much appreciated.
I am still sending out prayers to all of you as well. Maybe now that DH has "fixed" ? the computer I can get on more.We changed providers and we're changing our emails.

bacpacker
11-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Good to see you back on Kat. Praying this go work out with the grandkids.

Domeguy
11-25-2014, 05:00 AM

Katrina, my sons in the same boat as yours. After paying thousands in legal fees for my son to try to get custody of his son, the judge lets the ex get by with not taking a court ordered drug test...TWICE! All she said was she couldn't afford it. She gets gov. Housing, food stamps, etc, said she spent all her money on winter cloths for her three kids (3 different fathers) my son the only one paying support. But when I go to pick him up at school, never any new clothes..except for the ones we buy him. The judge would not hear the case, kept postponing. Finally he settled for joint custody, with him being the primary custodial parent. And maybe in a few years when he he is old enough to let a different judge hear his wants, ( he wants to live with his dad, but he is only 6), hopefully my son will get him full custody. But untill then, he has to live half his life in a drug and gang ridden projects.

Katrina
12-09-2014, 04:32 AM
Dome guy,
Sorry to hear about your son case. I'll keep you and family in my prayers too.
Thanks

ladyhk13
12-10-2014, 12:36 AM
We are meeting with yet another atty tomorrow in hopes of hiring him to take on our case over our land. I really dislike attys. grrrrr.

eagle326
12-10-2014, 01:15 PM
We are meeting with yet another atty tomorrow in hopes of hiring him to take on our case over our land. I really dislike attys. grrrrr.

Like cock roaches in the night ; Show me the money and I'll promise you results. Ooops sorry the judge didn't agree. Here's my bill. :mad:

Domeguy
12-14-2014, 03:07 AM
Katrina, I realized I didn't finish the post. I meant to end with "Don't give up hope, you just have to keep it all in a positive mind, and never give up." Thank you for your kind words.

Katrina
01-05-2015, 04:07 AM
Domeguy, thank you and all of you so much.Hope all is well with you. rob don't think that would help their step is a local cop and ex military, but it might get you a few dates though,LOL. We're doing fine kids were looking and acting much better, not so closed off.Counseling has been helping but we fear the ex has convinced the counselor that son is on witch hunt AND the kids think she "tells" on them and they get in trouble at home. Son fears they are shutting down with the counselor because of that.I can't tell you how much this has helped, just knowing there are caring people out there.
Willie thank you, glad to see you back too.
I sincerely hope we all have a Great New Year. May it be a d**m sight better than last year.
LHK will try to get a hold of you soon.

bacpacker
01-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Best of luck in all this Kat. I will keep you all in my prayers.

robsdak
01-05-2015, 01:00 PM
rob don't think that would help their step is a local cop and ex military, but it might get you a few dates though,LOL.

no worries. :) i ain't skeered! LOL i know plenty of them as well, most of them are 'tools'. this time of year, i might have too keep my socks on though. :)

sometimes a good laugh helps for the moment. doesn't really do much for the situation.

ladyhk13
01-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Domeguy, thank you and all of you so much.Hope all is well with you. rob don't think that would help their step is a local cop and ex military, but it might get you a few dates though,LOL. We're doing fine kids were looking and acting much better, not so closed off.Counseling has been helping but we fear the ex has convinced the counselor that son is on witch hunt AND the kids think she "tells" on them and they get in trouble at home. Son fears they are shutting down with the counselor because of that.I can't tell you how much this has helped, just knowing there are caring people out there.
Willie thank you, glad to see you back too.
I sincerely hope we all have a Great New Year. May it be a d**m sight better than last year.
LHK will try to get a hold of you soon.

Call when you get time and we can catch up.

Willie51
01-08-2015, 01:53 AM
This Christmas and New Year was tough around our house and not a happy one. I caught that that terrible flu going around and was flat of my back on Christmas day....the sickest I've been in 25 years since I seldom get sick. Then while trying to get my strength back, our chocolate lab got sick which the Vet said was a severe urinary tract infection (UTI). After spending $400. on doctor visits and medicine in the past two weeks at the local Vet, she started acting very lethargic Friday night and then collapsed Sat. morning at the foot of our bed where her bed is. I picked her up and we rushed her to the animal hospital in the next town over and the doctor discovered she had a very large tumor on her spleen and it had ruptured. There was nothing they could do....she was dying right in front of us as we hugged and kissed her. Needless to say, I had to make the hardest decision that I've ever had to make. She would have been 15 years old this Friday and I've had her since she was 9 weeks. She was from a fine bloodline from a friend of mine and was pick of the litter back in Feb. 2000. She was an amazing companion and best friend and we miss her so much!! She could climb trees after squirrels (in her younger days), she knew how to dive in 5 feet of water and pick up scallops and sea shells and bring them back to the boat, she went everywhere with us. She's been to Yellowstone, Utah, Montana, and even hiked on Mt. Rainier with us. I could go on and on about her amazing life with us. It's weird around the house now without her and hard to believe she's gone. :-( She was truly my best friend.

bacpacker
01-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog Willie. Losing one is very tough. One you've had that long in particular.

Sniper-T
01-08-2015, 04:18 PM
That sucks Willie, sorry for your loss!

ladyhk13
01-08-2015, 06:16 PM
My sympathies are with your family. The pain will never really go away but neither will your wonderful memories. I hope that some day your memories will bring less and less of the pain and more of the joy you had during her life with you.

Domeguy
01-15-2015, 12:01 PM
I'm so sorry Willie. To others, they are just animals, but to us, they are more. They are family, companions, and our best friends. What was her name?

Katrina
01-20-2015, 03:43 AM
Willie,
I am so sorry It's very hard to lose a wonderful friend like that.