PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Ladies!

ladyhk13
09-22-2011, 06:35 AM
Hi ladies...I'm new to this site and trying to find out where all the gals are. I haven't noticed a group that is just for us so if there is one could someone please tell me where it is and how to get approved for it? If there isn't one, is there enough of us to ask for one to be created? Think maybe we could invite some of the gals from other sites over and get the numbers up? Just a thought! I don't want to be the only gal here! LOL!

The Stig
09-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Hi ladies...I'm new to this site and trying to find out where all the gals are. I haven't noticed a group that is just for us so if there is one could someone please tell me where it is and how to get approved for it? If there isn't one, is there enough of us to ask for one to be created? Think maybe we could invite some of the gals from other sites over and get the numbers up? Just a thought! I don't want to be the only gal here! LOL!

Currently there isn't a ladies only forum because we've haven't had any ladies.

But it's definitely something we can consider/do once we get a few ladies on board and interested.

panther woman
09-23-2011, 02:11 AM
I'm a lady and have been browsing the site for about a year. I'm an older single mom so my preparations come in fits and starts. I finally got my 55-gallon water drum filled. The Texas drought finally spurred me into it. Because of the drying out of the soil the water mains can break, so I didn't want to be caught off guard without enough water for a few days. I don'thave much money, so do a little at a time. I have four kids, three boys and a girl. My oldest son has just now become aware that something could happen so we are planning to get together and make some plans.

Survival Goddess
09-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Lady here!

Stormfeather
09-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Guess there are a few ladies here! Glad to see prepping isnt just a "guy" thing!

bacpacker
09-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah it'll be good to get a female perspective on all this.

LUNCHBOX
09-24-2011, 12:35 AM
I was going to get the wife to join but this is my guys night out group....lol.

ladyhk13
09-24-2011, 02:30 AM
Yahoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not the only lady after all!!! Guess it just took one of us to try to bring us all together. How do you gals feel about getting a forum that is just for us? No guys allowed so we can discuss all the girl stuff that the guys aren't interested (or we don't want them to know about LOL) in? Hey Stig, whatcha think? Looks like we may be getting some gals....I'm going to mass mail some of my gals from other sites and see if I can get some over here...that ok with you?

The Stig
09-24-2011, 02:34 AM
Yahoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not the only lady after all!!! Guess it just took one of us to try to bring us all together. How do you gals feel about getting a forum that is just for us? No guys allowed so we can discuss all the girl stuff that the guys aren't interested (or we don't want them to know about LOL) in? Hey Stig, whatcha think? Looks like we may be getting some gals....I'm going to mass mail some of my gals from other sites and see if I can get some over here...that ok with you?

Absolutely. That would be great.

I'll talk with RedJohn about setting up the ladies forum. The only thing I'd ask is that our lady members don't disappear into it, never to be seen again on the main board. Your input is valued here and it's always great to get a different perspective.

LUNCHBOX
09-24-2011, 02:37 AM
I have enough buddies that their wives don't agree with what they do it will be nice for them to hear a females point of view.

bacpacker
09-24-2011, 02:39 AM
Don't disappear into it, never to be seen again on the main board. Your input is valued here and it's always great to get a different perspective.

+1000 I and I suspect others wold value your all's thoughts on various prepping topics.

ladyhk13
09-24-2011, 02:58 AM
Ya'll don't have to worry about us hiding in our forum. We actually know a lot about "guy" stuff. We shoot (lots of us very well I might add), some hunt and clean animals, we reload our own ammo, we grow food, we rebuild houses...you would be surprised that we don't stay home barefoot and pregnant these days! lol
Hey bacpacker I'm still waiting for your wife....where is she????
Hubby and I met with a young prepper tonight for dinner while we are up here looking at property and it was wonderful. It is great to see a young person so eager to learn about prepping and if we get up here we will take the young man under our wing and teach him as much as we can. He said he'll work on the property for training, I asked him if we had to feed him (he's a big boy! but adorable). Had a wonderful time.

ladyhk13
09-24-2011, 03:04 AM
I'm a lady and have been browsing the site for about a year. I'm an older single mom so my preparations come in fits and starts. I finally got my 55-gallon water drum filled. The Texas drought finally spurred me into it. Because of the drying out of the soil the water mains can break, so I didn't want to be caught off guard without enough water for a few days. I don'thave much money, so do a little at a time. I have four kids, three boys and a girl. My oldest son has just now become aware that something could happen so we are planning to get together and make some plans.

Glad to meet you panther woman! It is wonderful to get the children involved. If they are raised living the prepper way it will carry with them their whole life and they will be better people for it. Hat's off to you for raising 4 kids...my mom did it too...she must have been a Saint (as must you!) I would have been on happy pills just to get through the day!!!!! Hope to talk with you and share all kinds of things and I'm glad that you have gone from browsing to actually writing. I just joined a couple of days ago so I guess I've kind of come in like a bull in a china cabinet!

ladyhk13
09-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Lady here!

Wonderful! Another lady!!!! Nice to meet you... Love your name, seems like we will probably learn a lot from you! Looking forward to getting the ladies going here.

panther woman
09-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Glad to see so many replies from the women. Glad to have people to talk to about prepping, now I don't feel like such a lone ranger or is it rangerette?!

izzyscout21
09-26-2011, 11:11 PM
rangerette....I like it. It's catchy. Got a ring to it, like chupathingy.

Stormfeather
09-26-2011, 11:55 PM
Let me see if I can talk Household-6 into signing up on the forum as well. We actually had a nice talk the other night about prepping and she was wondering why ive picked up the pace the last year and a half. Maybe getting her to sign on here would be a great idea to give her more exposure to the prepping lifestyle. For the record, She has nothing against it, has even helped me with some of the preps, but shes not as involved in it as I personally would like to see. But who knows, maybe she may enjoy it here!

ladyhk13
09-27-2011, 01:18 AM
I agree that rangerette is very cool! Girls rule!

ravensgrove
09-28-2011, 04:03 AM
I'm a girlie as well. I farm, manage livestock, tan hides, can/dehydrate/jerk..you name it I probably have done it or do it regularly. Hubby military so when he is ever home, he focuses primarily on reloading and building projects.

The Stig
09-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Welcome aboard ravensgrove and thank you for supporting those who protect us.

If you'd like access to the ladies only forum shoot ladyhk13 a PM and she can start the process of getting you access.

JustAPrepper
09-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi LadyHK. Another gal here. I'll shoot you a PM.

Katrina
02-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Lady hk
Just joined, may I join the ladies only forum
Katrina

Taz Baby
02-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Welcome Katrina glad to see another female here.

Katrina
02-07-2012, 04:10 AM
thanks Taz.Hope I'll be able to contribute

ladyhk13
02-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Lady hk
Just joined, may I join the ladies only forum
Katrina

Hi Katrina!!!! Glad to finally see you here. Welcome to the ANT colony and hope you find a family here. Our gals are great and the guys most wonderful! Feel free to start posting on the Ladies Forum at any time.
LadyHK13

Katrina
02-09-2012, 05:24 AM
Thanks. Took me awhile to get on here . If I had known about the drive last month would have gotten on the shtick and joined earlier so you could have gotten credit.
K

ladyhk13
02-09-2012, 05:29 AM
I'm not worried about that, not a reason I asked you to come over here. I don't think I even knew about the drive! LOL! Just glad we have another lady here to contribute to our forum and be treated with respect. I can't believe how much I love it here and how wonderful everyone is. Such a smaller site so you can get to know everyone really fast and they are so great with sharing info. Talk soon!

Katrina
02-09-2012, 05:39 AM
Thank you, been feeling a bit out of sorts with the other site. Doesn't feel as friendly anymore.

ladyhk13
02-09-2012, 06:03 AM
I know what you mean. You'll like it here.

The Stig
02-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Thank you, been feeling a bit out of sorts with the other site. Doesn't feel as friendly anymore.

Sorry to hear that but glad you made it over. Please let us know what we can do for you and dive right in!

Katrina
02-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Thanks Stig, appreciate it. I hope I will be able to keep up with you all lol.

Stormfeather
02-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Shouldnt be that hard, we are pretty laid back here!

Welcome to the family, and I look forward to talking more with you in the future!

ladyhk13
02-11-2012, 08:29 PM
She has jumped right in over on the Ladies and become "one of us" right away....she's good to go!!!! How wonderful to have another girl! We're loving it. Thanks for your input Katrina, so glad you are here....see ya on the flip side:)

Katrina
02-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks Storm, just wish I was closer proximity, to meet face to face. I need to get into or start a MAG near me. Without the good advice from all of you, I felt so alone trying to prepare.

mitunnelrat
02-17-2012, 04:06 AM
Katrina, there's a few of us here in MI. I haven't been posting as much lately, but if you look at some posts you'll see what I'm about. There's also apssbc, timbow, and madpiper. Welcome in, and enjoy.

I really am glad to see another MI resident here. Awesome.

Katrina
02-17-2012, 05:31 AM
Thanks mtr, I'm glad to see other michiganians here too.

Sniper-T
02-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Now we just need a few more Canadians...

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad184/maryjoyelouw/Emoticons/sad-animated-animation-boy-smiley-emoticon-000346-large.gif

we're really friendly, fun people...

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s254/type_new/evil-smiley-face.jpg

mitunnelrat
02-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Sorry, Sniper. Most of the Canadians I "interact" with are the ones who forget to travel in mph vs. Kph...

To get this back on topic though... I could go talk to some Canadian nurses again :D We'd have a double whammy then. Canadian ladies.

Katrina
02-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Sniper, according to my dad, we are part Canadian too