PDA

View Full Version : The clothes that you wear daily

hank2222
09-27-2011, 07:14 AM
I try to stay away from the socalled 5.11 look that some of my fellow prepper's wear. My clothing tend to be levi's jean's & t-shirt's and hiking boot's in the summer & fall & spring and the winter is the only time i wear a button down shirt or when i need to dress up for a fuction that need's that look .

The only really tactical look i have is a Wilderness shop 3-stitched web pant's belt with metal buckle.In the winter time i wear a pullover l.s. front pocket sweatshirt jacket with a watch cap and cold weather glove's to wear as it need .

So what is you is your daily clothing that you wear

The Stig
09-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Personally I'm not to worried about looking tactical or not. There's a massive military presence in this area so even if I'm rocking Wall-Mart work boots, 5.11s and an "I Love Led Zeppelin" Tshirt people assume that somehow I'm "military". It's kinda of funny given that I'm 40 and a salesman. And wearing a Led Zeppelin Tshirt.

But what I wear depends on the day:

Casual and/or working in my office day:
Usually some combination of jeans, 5.11 shorts, casual shorts, mil surplus BDUs (love the 3 color deserts) and a tshirt or short sleeve button down shirt.
Footwear is either tennis shoes or Merrill MOABs (which I've absolutely fallen in love with)

Making sales calls on customers:
Dress pants, button down shirt, tie, sport coat, dress shoes

Church:
Dress pants, nice short sleeve button down, dress shoes

Working in yard:
3 color desert BDUs or work jeans and tshirt from the "ratty as hell, worn out and filthy Tshirt bin". Brahma Wall-Mart boots.

helomech
09-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Heck when not wearing my work uniform I only wear blue jeans (usually bought at garage sale), black work shoes, and a t-shirt with the sleeves and collar cut off.

bacpacker
09-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Typical work clothes is jeans and button down shirt, maybe carhartts and new balance shoes or vasque light hiking boots.
Around the house, usually camos or carhartts,oots and a tshirt if its cool out. Just cuts offs and new balance if hot.
If we're goin out usually jeans or cargo shorts and a button down shirt.

izzyscout21
09-27-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm a 5.11 and tshirt or untucked button down (the better to hide my 1911 with, hehe)for when I'm not at work. Hiking boots and V-tac Cobra belt.

When at work I'm in dress attire. Tie, buttondown, dress pants, 5.11 dress belt, dress shoes.

Grumpy Old Man
09-27-2011, 05:31 PM
When I'm doing hands on management in the plant it's Wranglers, company polo shirt and work boots. At the corporate office, chinos, company polo shirt, my good ropers. At the stables and elsewhere Wranglers, cockroach kickers, western shirts. In the summer heat I do switch to cargo shorts and hawaiian shirts. Also wear Vasque sundowners as required.

hank2222
09-27-2011, 07:13 PM
I went to walmart the other night around 1am in the morning with my friend who is a local pd officer and we noticed a couple of people who where into the socalled tactical cool look and that bought up this post .

In my former life i worn a suit & tie to work. The thing was everyone was looking at them and wondering if they where carrying a weapon on them as they moved around the store that morning .We where both armed and not one person did a second look at us .

So as i said i try to stay away from the socalled tactical cool look of clothing

ak474u
09-27-2011, 09:47 PM
I am in and out of attics all day doing insulation estimates, so it's really hot at my job... I wear rip-stop cargo shorts from Kohl's (15 bucks a pair I think) New balance tennis shoes, a golf shirt, and a 5.11 instructor? belt. I have a mini toolbelt that clips on the belt, and the 5.11 has held up great compared to leather belts in the past. I do wear a desert tan baseball hat with the subdued American flag patch I meet lots of....uh... "Middle Eastern folks", lol. That is about as tacticool as I get. This winter, I'll wear the same thing except I'll switch to jeans and a coat, which is nice because I can carry my PM9 on my belt instead of a .22 mousegun when I'm doing estimates. I do have a Dallas PD hat that a friend gave me, and the one time I wore it out to the store, a panhandler tried to hit me up in the parking lot, until he read my hat, and then he went from spare change to "where is the nearest gas station?"

Meatman
09-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Shorts and a white t-shirt, for work and play

Gunfixr
09-28-2011, 12:04 AM
I don't tan, so I don't wear shorts out of the house. Yes, it's that scary.
Usually cargo pants and a t shirt, pretty much year round, at work or out and about. The shirt is always untucked, to better hide my gun with. I do have a pair of 5.11 pants, but the pockets aren't right for me, so I don't wear them too often. I wore jeans up until 2 or 3 yrs ago, when I discovered the cargo pants.
I know, it comes from living in a cave.
Usually tennis type shoes, sometimes boots. Always one of those "instructor" type belts, unless it's no belt at all, which is only out tooling around. Sometimes sandals when warm out.
Mostly, when out and about, I kinda look like a bum, so nobody pays me any mind.
And that suits me just fine.

dragon5126
09-28-2011, 09:28 AM
I go from 5.11 to cargo shorts to jeans to three piece suits to cammos,,, dont matter what I wear, most everyone exccept one stupid neighbor pretty much look at me and act and treat me like officer friendly. Even when my skin condition is acting up and have five to tendays of beard on my face.

dpwill99
09-28-2011, 09:51 AM
For me it's either blue jeans and a thermal shirt or the traditional woodland BDUs (I can get them for 5 bucks a pair at a mil surp in Anchorage) When I was working it was business casual all the way. Now that I'm home all the time I'm either hunting or cutting firewood, though, so the bdus aren't so much tactical as they are practical. When I go into town it's almost always jeans, boots a t-shirt and an open button down of some kind to cover the SIG so the tourists don't get nervous.

ravensgrove
09-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Today I was in my normal...muck boots...in downtown Tacoma (setting up a mini heritage livestock exhibit for some inner city kids). Some smug ....gal, said to her friend "Oh I didnt know it was going to rain today".....to which I turned to her and said "actually they are steel toed...I wear them to help people out who have a problem inserting their foot in their mouth." DEAD SILENCE...ahhh the fun of going to town once a blue moon as a farmer.

izzyscout21
09-29-2011, 04:33 AM
Today I was in my normal...muck boots...in downtown Tacoma (setting up a mini heritage livestock exhibit for some inner city kids). Some smug ....gal, said to her friend "Oh I didnt know it was going to rain today".....to which I turned to her and said "actually they are steel toed...I wear them to help people out who have a problem inserting their foot in their mouth." DEAD SILENCE...ahhh the fun of going to town once a blue moon as a farmer.

SO reading the post and seeing the big city of Tacoma, I take it you are familiar with my former home...Fort Lewis?

TEOTWAWKI13
09-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Work is khakis or slacks, a golf shirt, maybe a button down, and dress/casual footwear. Outside of work, I wear camo cargo shorts (the kind the cool kids buy at Target or Khols), or some varation of hiking pants, etc. I don't care what I wear in this area, as everyone sorta looks the same. Besides, they don't sell too many pairs of jeans I'd wear anymore these days, as I ain't doing the skinny jeans thing.

I'm in Tennessee/Georgia, so Carhart or Dickies is daily wear for most anyways. A good pair of hiking boots or light trail shoes, and I'm G2G.

ravensgrove
10-02-2011, 04:16 AM
We lived on Ft Lewis for a handful of years. Hubby is just finishing up his Army career now. Now that's its JBLM...I try and stay off the place. Joint Base Lewis McChord...too many troops. LOL. :)

ladyhk13
10-02-2011, 05:34 AM
"actually they are steel toed...I wear them to help people out who have a problem inserting their foot in their mouth."

Oh you are so my kind of gal!! LOL

It's getting cold now so I'll be wearing lots of jeans and sweat shirts just hanging around or jeans and sweaters (pullover type) going out usually with sneakers or some kind of boots (love boots of all kinds). If we go out on a piece of property I may wear a pair of BDU pants and layered tops and if really cold I'll throw on my Carhart bib coveralls and jacket and combat or hiking boots. In the summer if I'm hanging around the house it's pretty much jeans and t shirts and bare feet if at all possible or if we go into town I've taken a liking to long dresses again like we wore back in the 70's.