PDA

View Full Version : Pudding

izzyscout21
11-20-2011, 08:56 PM
While unpacking today, I ran across a box of "vintage" chocolate pudding. To be exact, the expiration wasfrom sometime in 1998.

So naturally, I threw in some milk and ate it.

That was 2 hours ago. I'll let you all know if I suffer any negative side effects.

If you dont hear from me in 48 hours, assume it was the pudding.

realist
11-20-2011, 11:17 PM
I thought you were talking about shaky puddin..........

Evolver
11-21-2011, 12:52 AM
You need to tell what brand so we can all adjust our REAL self life note. If we don't hear back from you we'll never know which brand is was that the the self life was correct. (sigh)

izzyscout21
11-21-2011, 01:09 AM
wal mart store brand *shudder*

BTW so far so good, I am having an increased problem with gas WTF:confused:

GunnerMax
11-21-2011, 01:14 AM
now, besides just being curious, why the hell would you do that to your internal organs? You could have eaten something better for you than that, like a raw chicken, cockroach sandwich, or toe nail clippings.

lol :)

Evolver
11-21-2011, 01:23 AM
now, besides just being curious, why the hell would you do that to your internal organs? You could have eaten something better for you than that, like a raw chicken, cockroach sandwich, or toe nail clippings.

lol :)

His our resident guinea pig and his name is Mikey. Updating notes... Thanks Mikey!

izzyscout21
11-21-2011, 04:59 AM
currently midnight central time. going to bed now. let's see what happens between now and the morning.

ladyhk13
11-21-2011, 05:12 AM
I almost never go by expiration dates unless it's a dairy product and i have never gotten sick yet. you should be good to go izzy.

ladyhk13
11-21-2011, 05:15 AM

that's what you get for buying the cheap brand :)
btw...used your red spice on fried eggs tonight....was very good! thanks...next time i'll use more, i was afraid to use too much first time out. great job!

izzyscout21
11-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Well, I'm still alive. No I'll side affect to the old puddin pack. The gaseous release, my wife reminded me, was probably due to the large pot of Hambeens I made the previous night.

So, go ahead folks, eat the pudding.

Hopefully that answers the unasked question I KNOW you all had....:cool:

Evolver
11-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Updating notes on the real shelf of Wal-Mart Instant Chocolate Pudding... 13 yr out of date is ok. Now how did it taste? Like chicken, chocolate or both? :p LOL

izzyscout21
11-21-2011, 10:05 PM
actually, It tasted just fine. I couldn't tell any difference between it and the fresh stuff.

Evolver
11-21-2011, 10:40 PM
All righty then! On a serious note, this kinda stuff really is good to know. If S ever does HTF its good to know what treat type comfort foods are good to keep on hand and what to expect from them.

bacpacker
11-22-2011, 12:40 AM
Well Izzy we're glad you made it. Really we didn't have much......... doubt.....

ladyhk13
11-22-2011, 01:36 AM
All hail Izzy!!! He sacrificed so that we all could survive and have dessert!

izzyscout21
11-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Well, I figured that the unknown intestinal disease from Iraq be damned. My unfaltering loyalty to the forum convinced me this was info that had to get out.

And.... I like pudding.....

ladyhk13
11-22-2011, 02:30 AM
ok, you may have an unfair advantage of being inoculated prior to eating said possibly bad pudding.

izzyscout21
11-22-2011, 01:25 PM
I hereby volunteer to be the official forum test subject. Send me your questionable food. I'll eat it, and if it doesnt kell me, I'll let everyone know.

It's not like I have something else to do here right now........lol

Evolver
11-22-2011, 11:48 PM
I hereby volunteer to be the official forum test subject. Send me your questionable food. I'll eat it, and if it doesnt kell me, I'll let everyone know.

It's not like I have something else to do here right now........lol

Woooo Hoooo!!! YES!!! I know can pass the out dated food on to you that Justa wanted ME to try. :)

Speaking of being a guinea pig LOL I'll share this one this you. We were on a TP stockpile mission and soon found out how much room it takes to store a year supply TP. I even added a new attic access for TP storage that would also increase the R value.
One day while Justa was in the store standing in front of Buy one get one free 1000ct. Coffee filter for 99 cents ( I drink coffee but use a press so I don't use filters) and wanted to take advantage of the BOGO. I can just see her there standing with index finger and thumb resting under her chin and the wheels just a turning... then It hit her... Eureka!!! TP... It stack nice, doesn't take up much room so she came home with two packs. When I came home from work she filled me in with the great details, handed me six filters and told me to give them a try. Well not to go into detail but should I say... 1st I had a breaking though experience and it wasn't a good one. :o 2nd I could have used the whole 1000ct. pack, 3rd don't try this at home. (wink):o

mitunnelrat
11-25-2011, 02:22 AM

An "increased" problem? If its considered a "problem" to begin with, wouldn't/ shouldn't it be a common enough occurrence to then be a non-issue?

ETA: I wasn't considering and had forgotten said intestinal issue, and retracted part of my statement, though it was all said tongue in cheek. I shall forthwith respond with more empathy to your plight.

izzyscout21
11-25-2011, 02:54 AM
ETA: I wasn't considering and had forgotten said intestinal issue, and retracted part of my statement, though it was all said tongue in cheek. I shall forthwith respond with more empathy to your plight.

Dude, you are more than welcome to pick at me. Everyhting is all in good fun. My wife constantly harrasses me about it. But then again, I do hold her head under the covers.

Please, don't apologize or hold back on my part. I've got a good sense of humor about it. I expect people to pick on me. If they didn't, I'd really feel like a freak.

mitunnelrat
11-25-2011, 02:59 AM
Ok. Basically I said "suck it up and drive on." Then I realized that had a double meaning, and "sucking it up" could entail a great degree of physical discomfort, which was unfair to put on you :D

izzyscout21
11-25-2011, 03:01 AM
LOL!! That made me laugh just thinking about it..........

mitunnelrat
11-25-2011, 03:12 AM
lol. Me too. My dad and I were just talking about that stiff-legged, quick paced gait unique to bowel issues earlier today. The mental images of today have had me rolling.

Yes, juvenile toilet humor is alive and well in my world.

izzyscout21
11-25-2011, 03:22 AM
It's fair game at my place too. My wife thinks I'm gross, I just remind her that she didn't have to marry me. She always comes back with something to the effect that I didn't do that while we were dating.

If Ida done that, Id never have got married. Had to bait the hook. LOL

mitunnelrat
11-25-2011, 03:25 AM
and it sounds like you hooked a good one. I dutch ovened my ex once, early on in our marriage. We slept with separate blankets for the duration.