Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Important warning!!

For the Love of Cats

Exclamation Important warning!!

received via email:

Kids are putting Drano, tin foil, and a little water in plastic drink bottles and capping it up - leaving it on lawns, in mail boxes, in gardens,
    on driveways etc. just waiting for you to pick it up intending to put it in the rubbish, but you'll never make it!!!

If the bottle is picked up, and the bottle is shaken even just a little - in about 30 seconds or less it builds up enough gas which then explodes
    with enough force to remove some of your extremities. The liquid that comes out is boiling hot as well.

Don't pick up any plastic bottles that may be lying in your yards or in the gutter, etc.

Pay attention to this. A plastic bottle with a cap. A little Drano. A little water.
    A small piece of foil. Disturb it by moving it; and BOOM!!

No fingers left and other serious effects to your face, eyes, etc.

Please ensure that everyone that may not have email access are also informed of this.

For verification and more information, click on:
    http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/bottlebomb

url change??? try this:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/bottlebomb.asp
    Last edited by Sniper-T; 03-27-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I heard something about this in a blotter. Thanks for the post Sniper.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

This was a big problem for our area a year or so ago. Kids without parental supervision are punks.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The hot sexy one

They arrested 4 Middletown Ohio for this last week....

Four arrested after Drano bombs found
    “It can be strong enough to take an officer’s fingers off if it’s in the hand,” Grimes said. “It’s an acid, so you’d have chemical burns.”

Grimes said if someone finds a chemical bomb, they should back away and call police. He said movement can spur a chemical reaction with the ability for dangerous explosions of a 15-foot radius.

Do you have a robot?
    The good thing about this is that most of the time the reaction is quick and it blows up. These are not as temperature dependent as dry ice bombs. One important thing is that when these things blow up the property owner normally come out to throw away the trash left behind. Since it is a caustic they can receive chemical burns from the residue left behind, so be aware of the this danger should you become a victim.

A laugh a minute
    sniper that link won't open for me. Is there a trick to it or is it that I have been up since 4am and am tired?

For the Love of Cats

try the other one Taz

A laugh a minute
    ditto Thanks

Crotch Rocket

So... Plastic bottle in my yard, punt that bitch like a football, back up, and see what happens.

In the mailbox, whip it across the road into the farm field and take cover!

Right?
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Darn it MTR, you didn't warn us that this was going to be a Pepsi spewing laughter post!

in all seriousness, these are nasty Mothers... never personally seen one but its essentially a pressurized acid bomb, except i believe that the Drano is Sodium Hydroxide... If you get it on your hands, you will not feel pain until it is too late...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.