Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlebelt Selection- Help!

GunnerMax

Battlebelt Selection- Help!

I need help deciding on one of these. My shotgun platform will have my condor battle belt (cheap POS), but my AK fighting rig will have a QUALITY battlebelt. I will be getting suspenders, but that is not a hard question.

I will be using a surplus Alice belt with the setup. I have a number of sizes/types to try out. I can also use a Blackhawk riggers belt. A cobra belt (no matter how nifty) is almost useless to me. I cant justify spending money on that (I know, right?!) After the purchase of my AK pouches, and a better belt/dropleg platform, my fighing setup will be complete.

It seems like everyone has their hand in the battle belt honeypot. I am looking for: ability to mount dropleg holster and dropleg platform, ability to connect suspenders for comfort, large MOLLE landscape, comfort, made in the USA (support jobs) and most of all, durability and reliability (same reason for getting an AK). The price does not matter. But is the $42 ATS battle belt better than the $190 crye precision?

On second thought, I will probably order 2 of these due to my upcoming duty change. 1 for personal, 1 for professional use. I might actually get some use out of a battle belt. Remember, I use full armor with sideplates, and a SpecOpsBrand over-armor vest.

Suggestions between these? Any experience? I am hoping to tap the tactical side of your brains :lol: :lol: Do you know of any others? It is hard for me to decide what is best. I have been leaning towards the Viking Tactical Brokok Battlebelt, but I dont know. I have a month to decide, then I will place an order for 2.

SOE Tapered Battle belt
    Original S.O.E. Gear
    ATS Battle Belt
    ATS Modular Padded War Belt
    Cyre Precision
    Low Profile Belt
    HSGI
    High Speed Gear, Inc. | Product Detail
    Viking Tactical
    Viking Tactics "Brokos" Battle Belt
    Tactical Tailor
    Tactical Tailor Fight Light Battle Belt
    Blue force gear
    Blue Force Gear SOC Modular Belt Kit COYOTE BROWN

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I have the VTAC Brokos Belt.
    It is an outstanding piece of kit.
    One of the best feature is the ability to use both MOLLE and standard belt attachments.

Out of all your picks, I believe that the Brokos is the only one that allows this.
    The Brokos gets my vote
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

I have the ATS.

I'd comment more but I've not put it through any real field testing so whatever I might say wouldn't be worth much.

It does allow for both molle attachments, direct to belt attachments and the use of suspenders.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

My Brokos belt

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I didn't know about all those, so I just got the Blackhawk belt and went to modifying it.
    I have a couple of the Cobra buckles, so I made a cinch belt to go through it. I then custom made suspenders for it. I have it buckling in the back so that there isn't that annoying gap in the middle where you cannot mount anything.
    It isn't completely done yet, but there will be attachment points on the back of the suspenders so that a bladder or small pack-type pouch can be added, like a sustainment pouch or something.
    It is light and won't be too hot, yet pretty easily changeable, and my pack can be easily worn over it, as it is a smaller 3-day type pack which sits high enough to be over the rear side of the belt.
    I am modifying my home made longslide flap holster to go on a MOLLE platform, and building a knife sheath base to go on a MOLLE platform.

Crotch Rocket

I have the ATS, and I've overloaded it with a metric shit ton of gear without issue, especially after I got HSGI suspenders for it. Before that I had the ATS suspenders, and they worked well, but the bungees on HSGI's made it far more comfortable, especially with the drop leg helping pull the belt down on that side...

Obviously no combat experience, but I've been woods walking through rough terrain and couldn't tell I had over 20 pounds sitting on my hips at any point in the hikes.

I'm comfortable recommending you give it a go, especially considering higher speed guys than I have endorsed its use elsewhere.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

I have ZERO experience with, nor have any clue about, any of this. I do see a current practical value for me to get something, for range trips, camping and hiking. If SHTF I would look at some key adjustments into a more fighting system..

That said, I am watching this thread with interest, as here, I have a lot to learn!

T.

I'll most likely shit myself

I'm right there with Sniper on this thread. Plenty to learn here for me.

GunnerMax
    Ive ruled out the SOE, HSGI, Tactical Tailor, Cyre Precision, and Blue force. I ruled out the super sexy Cyre because It is not suspender capable. I did not see that earlier. Also, in order to have it useful with Armor, you have to buy an expensive adapter. No thank you!

Left is the, ATSand Brokos.

Im still leaning towards Brokos. I was thinking an ATS for shotty (and sell the unused Condor), and 1 coyoto Brokos for work, and a Multicam one for play
    Last edited by GunnerMax; 04-03-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMax View Post
    , and 1 coyoto Brokos for work, and a Multicam one for play
    not to tell you how to spend your cash, bro..... BUT you could just get 1 coyote belt and use it for work AND play...... coyote is very compatible with MC