Page 91 of 389 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

For the Love of Cats

^we have one of those too, they're too awesome for words. we've had so much weight in there it takes two people to move it, and we've done it 3 summers long already. Get some spare tubes and a patch kit though. we've had 500 pounds of rocks in it, hundreds of times, and it just keeps going!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I am focusing on medication this month, so I got the current edition of The Pill Book, I managed to "save up" for lack of a better term 2 extra months of my RA meds, some muscle relaxers, and a prescription for Tamiflu, and I bought a few odds and ends like extra Advil and tissue. Once I clean out the linen closet, I will have a better understanding of what I need but the basement takes priority. My mother's garage sale is next week end and I need to get my junk ready. Still paying on the two credit cards left and keeping balances off the other ones and adding to savings.

And I got a temp job! I don't expect it to pay more than a few hundred dollars, but every bit helps.

For the Love of Cats

I just put 200 trout into my pond. They appear to have climatized well, and they're having a bite to eat.Come August, dinner's on me!!!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

I'll most likely shit myself

I picked up a complete set (White and Black) filters for my Berky water purifier at a good price. 3 gamma seal lids for 5 gallon buckets, some 5 gallon mylar bags at the expo yesterday.

Today went to the gun showand picked up a bunch of cleaning supplies, brushes, pics, CLP, patches, etc. Found a little tin (reminds me of an old snuff tin) with s kit for .308, minus the rod. Got that for $5 and figured It was worth that just to take apart for a mental exercise if nothing else. 2 Magpul mags for the AR, 50 .223 stripper clips. and a broken case extractor for .223.

My favorite thing for the trip though was a Palmetto stripped AR Lower. I guess you guys talking about your builds so much the bug finally bit me. So I got me another proxject to work on.

I've also been looking for a watch for a few years since my old Casio died. Got me a Casio G-Shock solar watch. I'll have to
    Last edited by bacpacker; 05-07-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I adopted an Italian exchange student! She's very pretty and comes from a nice family... She's a Beretta 92A1, and I've named her Alessandra. (Defender of man-kind). I also got my Yugo AK back to flawless reliability, (new extractor) and picked up more ammo.
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I had a doozy of a week...........

1 case of 5.56 M193
    1 Case of .223 Federal Gold Medal Match
    1 Tangfolio Witness 9mm
    1 Heritage Arms SA revolver, .22 Mag.
    14 PMAGS
    1 London Bridge Plate Carrier/ with all the pouches and kit

Got these back from the smith:
    Glock 23
    Remington 1100 tactical
    SGS Tactical Sentry, .308
    Ruger 10/22
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

A laugh a minute
    My SIL and I dehydrated eggs, ketchup and then last night for supper ate a some meat with onions and celery in gravy over rice then she had dehydrated a few years ago. (not the gravy, lol)
    any way cooked it in the crock pot and the meat was still dried out and chewy after about 5 hrs of cooking. taste wise it was good but the meat was to tough. Just still learning what to do.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Just wondering why you think it should be over on the other site if this is his job?
    Because my comments would have very heavy political overtones.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    I had a doozy of a week...........

1 case of 5.56 M193
    1 Case of .223 Federal Gold Medal Match
    1 Tangfolio Witness 9mm
    1 Heritage Arms SA revolver, .22 Mag.
    14 PMAGS
    1 London Bridge Plate Carrier/ with all the pouches and kit

Got these back from the smith:
    Glock 23
    Remington 1100 tactical
    SGS Tactical Sentry, .308
    Ruger 10/22
    Sounds like you had a hell of a week! Lucky guy!

Myself, nothing as far as prepping, but I am currently helping another guy get prepped, hes just starting out, but hes off and running with it at a damn good pace! He started with a rifle, now hes up to a couple of pistols and ammo, and hes working on food preps now! Its actually kind of exciting to mentor a person about prepping, didnt think I would enjoy it this much!

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Myself, nothing as far as prepping, but I am currently helping another guy get prepped, hes just starting out, but hes off and running with it at a damn good pace! He started with a rifle, now hes up to a couple of pistols and ammo, and hes working on food preps now! Its actually kind of exciting to mentor a person about prepping, didnt think I would enjoy it this much!
    That is great. Keep us up to date if you have any lessons learned or tips you can share.

And, of course, be sure to direct your new student to the colony!
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout