Page 87 of 389 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    I bought:

300 rds CCI mini mags
    150 rds CCI Stingers
    60 rds Winchester .308
    2 - 30 rd boxes of 00 buck

They just jumped into my cart in Wally World...oops. But at least I didn't go in and ask "How many boxed ya got and I'll take 'em all" this time. That should count for something.
    Do the Wallmartian employees act funny when they see you ( a female) load up on ammo? I know I always get a few prying questions from them.

Bacon saver

OK now I have been "poked in the eye"....................Party at my house and I wasn't told? Who's the bitch now.................guess I'll have to put on the apron

Be safe.............the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by mollypup View Post
    Do the Wallmartian employees act funny when they see you ( a female) load up on ammo? I know I always get a few prying questions from them.
    Just give them your best Jack Nicholson Psycho, "here's Johnny" look and walk away giggling

I've picked up some interesting stuff lately: A Japanese abacus, a metal head lice comb, an old Greg* shorthand manual, ice pick, tire and tube repair kit, a few rolls of electrical tape, and filled up some more 2 liter soda bottles with water. Got most of the garden in and already harvesting radishes. Still can't decide what to plant to finish it up but I better decide soon!

Where did you get the lice comb? I haven't found one anywhere.
    I am more than a bit embarrassed to admit this, but my daughter has come home from school with lice twice already this year. I think someone isn't treating their kid and keeps spreading it around. And of course, the first time she got it we couldn't do anything about it because it was during a snow storm. I can't describe how uncomfortable we were knowing that there were bugs in our hair and we had to just sit there. Now I keep an extra bottle of Natroba in the house. It is expensive and prescription only, but it works very well.

And now every time I think about it, I start itching like crazy. Ewwww!

For the Love of Cats

Geez, they got expensive! Licemeister... hehehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by msomnipotent View Post
    I am more than a bit embarrassed to admit this, but my daughter has come home from school with lice twice already this year. I think someone isn't treating their kid and keeps spreading it around. And of course, the first time she got it we couldn't do anything about it because it was during a snow storm. I can't describe how uncomfortable we were knowing that there were bugs in our hair and we had to just sit there. Now I keep an extra bottle of Natroba in the house. It is expensive and prescription only, but it works very well.

I bought it here: Amazon.com: Nit Free Terminator Lice Comb, Professional Stainless Steel Louse and Nit Comb for Head Lice Treatment, Removes Nits: Health & Personal Care

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by msomnipotent View Post

Nothing to be embarrassed about. A buddy of mine had his daughter come home from school, in a very nice neighborhood, with lice 3 times. The third time he went to the school and went thermonuclear.

But yes....now I am itching.

Yech.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Where's the epi?

Not anymore!!!
    I apologize for nothing...

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    OK now I have been "poked in the eye"....................Party at my house and I wasn't told? Who's the bitch now.................guess I'll have to put on the apron

Be safe.............the night is your friend.
    oops...invited a bunch of men to our house for drinks and forgot to tell dh. I think I'm in deep doo doo. Does that mean I have to go buy him another gun? But I invited girls too! But he would look REALLY cute in an apron....hmmmm....ideas.

Ok, back to prepping. I lost so much in my garden to the frost and moles I have decided to take some seeds and put them in coffee filters (got a gazillion of them at Costco for cheap), wet it and added seeds, put them in a ziplock baggie. Magic is happening. I was able to plant 3 new cukes yesterday and hope that tomorrow I can put in the white cukes. I also figured out that sweet potatoes are grown by clipping those long things that grow out of it (NOT by cutting it apart like regular potatoes) and putting them in a jar of water. They have been in only a couple of days and the greenery is going crazy already!!!! I don't know if it's too late to plant them in the season but I'm gonna try.
    I apologize for nothing...