Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Major unrest and violence now in Egypt

prepguide

Major unrest and violence now in Egypt

Some reports have as many as 150 dead in widespread violence as the army cracks down on the Muslim Brotherhood. Please hit the link for more information

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-14-11-55-48

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Situation is deteriorating rapidly there.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

I'll most likely shit myself

Dont understand why we backed the MB in the first place. Situation is heading downhill for sure. Hpwever news reports never show what the MB is doing other than when they are on the receiving end.

prepguide
    BP I agree and BTW the death toll is now reported to be at least 235 with over 2,000 injured as the unrest intensifies.
    Last edited by prepguide; 08-14-2013 at 09:28 PM.

prepguide
    Morning update - According to the Egyptian Ministry of Health the death toll is now 525 and the number of injured is over 3,700. The government has declared a month long state of emergency. If this continues to escalate I fear that the country will be in open civil war and that will affect global trade because many shipping companies will not want to risk sending their ships and crews through the Suez Canal and the ripple effects from that will be felt in many ways such as higher prices for goods and such.

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

I think we all saw this coming, but it sucks to see the casualty number rise so fast.

They have had a rough few years.

I'll most likely shit myself

PG I think shipping is the one thing no one is talking about. And it could be the thing that has the largest effect on the world economy. There is a huge amount of cargo that transits the canal and taking the trip around Africa adds days and fuel cost to each one. I would recommend every one keep topped off on fuel and put back as much stock of gas and deseil as you may need.

prepguide
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I would recommend every one keep topped off on fuel and put back as much stock of gas and deseil as you may need.
    A big +1 to that ^^^

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

+1 on shipping. Meanwhile, we're not building the keystone pipeline so we can save the crickets, and grasshoppers. SMH
    Common sense is so rare these days, it should be re-classified as a super power.

prepguide
    Death toll now reported to be at 638. President Obama ordered the cancellation of joint military training exercises with Egypt as well.