Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is everyone reading now and/or read lately

Premium Member

What is everyone reading now and/or read lately

As for me haven't been doing that much reading lately. Found that I hardly read any more as well. Have to say do have times like this and others don't. Guess it depends on the book itself as well.

To the End of the Land, David Grossman and Jessica Cohen (Translator)

A Midwife's Tale : The Life of Martha Ballard, Based on Her Diary, 1785-1812, Laurel Thatcher Ulrich. Already viewed the dvd part of it and it was worth the watch. Now, I can't wait the book to learn even more about Ms Ballard.

Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far, Bristol Palin and Nancy French

This is taken from another thread and/response that I have done regarding Bristol's mother and Tripp's grandmother.

What is/are Sarah Palin stance/s on family leave act (maternity, paternity, etc)? The reason why I'm asking this here because she didn't bring up in neither of her books. In my opinion this should be a paid one. It should also nation and worldwide as well.

Is there anyone else on here besides whom are getting beyond tired of her still being in the spotlight? That also goes her putting her husband, kids, rest of her family, and friends being in the spotlight and etc. Even though I'm still like her as a person then a politician.

She should just go back to her husband and kids. Instead being in the spotlight. Do feel sorry for her kids and the rest of family and everyone whom is associated with her. Because politics have truly ruined her and her husband for sure. Yeah I could be wrong about this.

Finished reading these few books almost half a mo to 2 mo back now.

The Lost Girls: Three Friends. Four Continents.: One Unconventional Detour Around the World, Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett, Amanda Pressner.It was worth the read. Especially, returning the hardcover because found it was little worn. Had to wait until the paperback was released to read it.

Mountain of Crumbs: A Memoir, Elena Gorokhova a week ago. It was worth read. Especially, since found I learned more about the former Soviet Union then what I already knew about before reading your memoir. Can't wait to read more of Ms Gorokhova's life and/or her mothers life now.

A Father's Love: One Man's Unrelenting Battle to Bring His Abducted Son Home, David Goldman. WOW what a memoir this was and thank you, Mr. Goldman for writing about your ordeal to get Sean back home.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

I agree that Sarah has turned into a reality show personality. She is no longer a viable candidate for a political appointment.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Folks, political discussions are not to take place in the open forum. If you'd like to start a civilized discussion on this topic in the politics forum feel free. Otherwise this thread needs to get back on what everybody is reading.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Sorry - you are right.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by piranha2 View Post
    Sorry - you are right.
    No problems.....so...what'cha reading?
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

I'll most likely shit myself

This time of year theres not much time for me to read. It's mostly gardening and food prep related books. One I go thru a lot is the current years issue of Blum's Farmers Almanac. Lots of good info in there. I am taking a 3 day class on Excel for my job. Maybe I can figure out how to build a spread sheet to track my preps better.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Rereading "Dare to Prepare", "The LDS Preparedness Manual" and "TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth". For light reading I'm reading "The Clash of Kings", the next book in the series after "A Game of Thrones". I read Concrete International every month as well as Fur-Fish-Game and The Backwoodsman.

I forgot to add "Vengeance" whenever Stig posts a new chapter,lol.
    Last edited by Grumpy Old Man; 06-30-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: forgot to add one
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

im actually reading Seal Team Six right now
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Currently reading A Storm of Swords, which is the 3rd book of A Song of ICe and Fire series from author George R.R. Martin. The books are featured on a series from HBO called A Game of Thrones.

Excellent reading if your in to midieval/fantasy books.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Currently reading A Storm of Swords, which is the 3rd book of A Song of ICe and Fire series from author George R.R. Martin. The books are featured on a series from HBO called A Game of Thrones.

Excellent reading if your in to midieval/fantasy books.
    I'm currently reading the first book in this series and it's fantastic. I'm not much of a sci fi/ fantasy fan, but the show made me curious and now I'm hooked.

Other than that, I'm reading Vengeance here and I'm still following Adrian's Undead Diary. Both of these have me on the edge of my seat.