Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flashlight question. Echo? Anyone?

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

Flashlight question. Echo? Anyone?

Looking for a new EDC light and also a compact light for a pack I'm putting together.

Not brand picky at all, my criteria is simple: AA batteries (most of my other electronic gear uses them) and simple ruggedness. I would like the EDC light to have a clip on it but it's not essential.

I'm really leaning towards the Fenix LD series, perhaps the LD22 for EDC. I've read mostly excellent reviews on the LDs, and the cost isnt very high at all, but I wanted to see if anyone here had any experience whether good or bad. Thanks.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I have a streamlight that fits your description, that I have had for about 8 years now. Use it every day at work, and it is going strong. It is a LED light.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.phantomlights.com

Give em a try, I love mine.

Bacon Spam

I'll most likely shit myself

I have 2 Streamlights that are both 5+ yo and have never had a problem. The Fenix brand get real high marks on any review I have read on them.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Ive got Streamlights, Surefires, and a few others. But one of my favorites is my Pelican 2360.
    Its not an expensive light, runs off AAs, and is very bright. Its worth a look.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

Thanks for the replies guys, looks like I have some more research to do.

Not one of the new age tactical lights but I prefer sticking with a maglite led. I have 4 or 5 of them.
    It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I put LEDs in several of my smaller Maglights and was pretty disappointed. I've been thinking of going back to the regular bulbs on those.

Coleman has quite a few small but quite bright lights that use either AA or AAA batteries. Aluminum housings, o-ring sealed, some come with colored filters. We have several, they've held up well for several years now.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

I'm a big fan of the Nebo line