Page 5 of 389 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to prep this week?

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Put half a cow and a whole hog in the freezer for my dinner in the last couple weeks....lol. Picked up 100 lbs of chicken feed (bi-weekly) I am also pulling around a dozen eggs a day so the chickens are paying to feed themselves (thats so nice I will let them a little longer) I will be picking up 2 more cows in the next month also.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Premium Member

This week was "go out on a limb" time. A good co-worker asked a curiousity question and i laid down some information he had never heard of or even considered about his day to day life. Needless to say, he has been awakened from the sheeple land he used to graze and is all excited about prepping. So i guess i added to my preps by enlightening him to plan ahead. One less mouth i have to worry about needing a handout.

I'll most likely shit myself

Excellent job pit bull. That's always a nice step.

I had company from out of state this weekend and didn't get anything accomplished around the house. However spent considerable time discussing world events and our reactions toward them. Found out they had prepped for Y2K, but hadn't done anything since (still have the supplies) and sounded like they are getting back at it. The lady did tell me she has a son in Fl who is definatly a prepper. If I can get contact info to him, he will be invited to look this site over.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

put up some more canned goods.
    put up about 6 more gallons of stored water
    500 rounds of Hornady TAP 9mm
    500 rounds Hornady TAP .45

clipped coupons with the wife

most importantly.....

didn't get into my Twinkie stash.....
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

Weapons maintenance.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

I just emailed the manager of the local county emergency management organization to ask what sort of opportunities existed for CERT or for a civilian to volunteer to help with local emergency management stuff. Also asked about any civilian participation in search & rescue efforts. We get a lot of lost canoes and hikers in these parts.

Partly I'd like to do it as a way to support the community. Partly it's a way to gain skills, build contacts, understand the politics in the area, etc.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

cleaned the car out again.........holy crap.....

found 4 msa milennium mask filters still sealed in the plastic SCORE!
    now i just need the mask
    Last edited by izzyscout21; 06-04-2011 at 08:58 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

I "found" 500 rounds of M855 once. Just had no idea it was laying around on the ammo pile till I got to looking at it one day.

So I understand your score!
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Rebuilt my first aid kit.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Picked up a Coleman 2 burner lantern w/2 1 lb. bottles, extra mantels and plastic case for $15.00 and a nice like new large Jansport exterior frame backpack (at work and can't remember the model name) and another one in great shape that I will have to take look at and add the name later, both for $30.00--I felt pretty good on the way home this morning.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.